No big name. No big money. Only big faith and hard work. Some think they know but they have no idea. With all the stress, long hours, and constant transition I wouldn’t trade this for the world.
God’s work is my Lifework. Let’s keep growing and maintaining the) blessings God keeps bringing.
We are doing this from scratch. One person at a time. We began with 8-12 people (depending on who you count) and now we have grown to about 50 in worship weekly since Feb. 12, 2012.
I believe God has more in-store for this faithful faith family, but it will take more work and lots of faith.
We will go from scratch to an awesome faith story.
Awesome message. Don’t give up, keep the faith. God’s grace will always carry you through. Let’s Go!
<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/CqkKa3bDb2o?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
Moving forward can either be the most exhilarating experience or the most frightful experience. Leading Lifework Christian Church through the Pre-Launch and now the Launch phase has been both. We have lost some people I had hoped would be with us through the end, but have gained others that have really been game changers.
Through it all God has continued to press on us to move forward. Today, we will talk about the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit. This is a powerful message that will empower God’s people to move forward with the discovery and purpose of their gifts. Often times as new Christians come into the faith, we can be so hung up on our past failures or insecurities that we pay no attention to the POWER of Christ given to us called the Holy Spirit.
I am believing God will bless those who listen to His word and accept His call to change the world with a Love Revolution. This Revolution can only come through acknowledging that God is Love, faith in Jesus as Lord of the World, and the move of the Holy Spirit operating through God’s people.
So pray for us as we move forward to accomplish great things for God in our community and throughout the World.
Get connected to the movement by going here www.lifeworkchristian.org.
Get Connected! Get Inspired! Get Involved!
God is Still Amazing!
I haven’t blogged in like forever and I feel bad. With getting the website going http://www.lifeworkchristian.org, the preview worship services, Bible Study, Substitute Teaching, After School Mentoring, yada yada yada. Bottom line, I have neglected writing about this journey. I have to get better. But if you ever get bored, or just want to know what going on check out my Facebook, the Church Website, or call my cell (if you have it).
God is awesome and we are on board for the great things He is preparing us for. Let’s Go!
I have been out of pocket the past few weeks preparing for this Sunday’s preview Worship Experience! God is working things out in ways I may not fully understand.
As we prepare to worship together for the first time I feel excitement, nervousness, inspiration and eagerness all at the same time. The message God gave me for this week is one that I wish I could give to the whole Body of Christ. No matter the city you live in, it belongs to God but it’s time we discover our purpose in order to take it back.
With so much pain and hate in our world, God needs us to start a Love Revolution! That revolution begins with you and I standing firm in our faith in Christ. Will you stand with us as we stand bodly for Christ?
We need you financial support. Over the next week I need you to search your heart about how you can support this mighty move of God. Regardless if you give or not the movement will continue, but don’t you any to be connected to the blessing. Why not connect to this minstry on the ground?
Let’s do this together! God is moving, are you moving with Him?
Percy Bland’s Spoken Word! Real Empowerment.
Hey fam! This path to planting Lifework Christian Church is work. I have heard this from pastor after pastor about launching a ministry from the ground up. At this point we are supported by larger bodies of within the Kingdom, but not financially. Everything we are doing is by faith and totally from Ground ZERO! We need your help.
Here we go…
- Major leadership lesson: If you need to get something done, be willing and able to do it yourself.
- People are only available to help as they are available to help.
- Leading from a list is not my strength, but is becoming one.
- There are only 7 days in a week and one of those days needs to be dedicated to your relationship with God and one to your relationship to your spouse, so only 5 days in a week. (ALWAYS take care of family and your relationship with God.)
- If you are looking for a ministry web provider checkout Faith Connector. They are awesome at laying a great foundation for your website and they offer awesome deals for new churches and small ministries. (Let them know Lifework Christian Ministries sent you.)
- 3 Days before we launch our website (www.lifeworkchristian.org), 14 Days before our first preview service, 116 Days before our LAUNCH FEBRUARY 12, 2012 at 10:00am at the Indianapolis Arts Center (820 East 67th St. Indianapolis, IN 46220).
- Today we visited Heartland Church here in Indianapolis, IN on the North side. Amazing worship, friendly people, and we will visit again. If we were not planting a ministry in Broad Ripple and were looking for a church, I would strongly consider Heartland.
- I miss the youth at Geist Christian Church and I hope the best for them. I grew in ministry because of them and I look forward to seeing them in the future.
- God is amazing and the closer we get to fulfilling the vision for this ministry the more excited I am to see what God will do through us.
- The number one frustrating thing about planting this ministry is raising the finances.
- Key: Focus more on actions of faith more than the lack of finances. KEEP PRESSING!
We are moving forward and going hard for God! Partner with us in moral and financial support.