John C. Maxwell is one of the gurus of leadership. As I prepare to lead a community of God’s people I am making it a point to study leadership. I always have sought wisdom from various places, but over the next 12 months I am dedicating my study time to God’s Word and Leadership.
Today I began reading one of John C. Maxell’s books, “Leadership Gold”. So far it has been a real eye opener and I want to share a list of nuggets he shares early in the book.
- Leadership is the willingness to put oneself at risk.
- Leadership is the passion to make a difference with others.
- Leadership is being dissatisfied with the current reality.
- Leadership is taking responsibility while others are making excuses.
- Leadership is seeing the possibilities in a situation while others are seeing the limitations. (This is where I am right NOW!)
- Leadership is the readiness to stand out in a crowd.
- Leadership is an open mind and an open heart.
- Leadership is the ability to submerge your ego for the sake of what is best.
- Leadership is evoking in others the capacity to dream.
- Leadership is inspiring others with a vision of what they can contribute.
- Leadership is the power of one harnessing the power of many.
- Leadership is your heart speaking to the hearts of others.
- Leadership is the integration of heart, head, and soul.
- Leadership is the capacity to care, and in caring, to liberate the ideas, energy, and capacities of others.
- Leadership is the dream made reality.
- Leadership is, above all, courageous.
Thanks John C. Maxwell for these words of wisdom.
Be blessed friends!!!